Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Bicycle Adventure of Summer 2014

Richmond, Virginia  to Ghent, NY

Departure: June, 28th, 2014

Route: I will be travelling on back roads and use my GPS to navigate. From Richmond, I will pedal to Norfolk, VA. From Norfolk, I'll catch a ride across the Chesapeake on the Bay Bridge Tunnel  (no bicycles permitted, so I must improvise) and proceed up the Delmarva Peninsula to Lewes, DE. I will cross the Delaware Bay to NJ on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. I will travel north through NJ to NY.

Duration: 3 weeks (I'm a school teacher. While the monetary compensation is not excessive, the vacation time is nothing to complain about.)

Lodging: 
  • Campgrounds with my Hennessy Hammock (It's like a tent, only better.)
  • The cheap motel (Once a week and not so cheap that my Hennessy would be preferable accommodations.)
  • Friends and Relatives (Don't worry. I won't pop in on you. If I plan on stopping by on my way north, I've either already talked to you or plan on doing so real soon.)
  • Stealth Camping (Only when absolutely necessary.) 
  • On the property of Complete Strangers (Seriously, I am always surprised by people who will stop and chat with me and then invite me to camp on their land. I've even been invited as a dinner guest on some occasions.)





3 comments:

  1. May the wind be at your back, brother! I'll be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! (I am taking your thoughts in a very literal sense. I hate pedaling into the wind!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete