Saturday, June 6, 2015

Summer 2015, Cross-Country Trip: Washington State to Washington D.C.




My bicycle is waiting for me in Seattle. I had the bike partially disassembeled, boxed, and shipped to a bicycle shop near Seatlle-Tacoma Airport (Seatac). The bike shop will reassemble my bike, and then I'll ride home. I will take the bags in the pics above with me on my flight to Seattle. The black bag is a duffle bag with wheels that I picked up at WalMart for $14.00. The panniers that I will strap to my bicycle are inside the black duffle. Rather than carry the duffle over three-thousand miles, I'll just leave it in Seattle. It's a one-trip piece of disposable luggage as far as my needs are concerned. The yellow duffle is a fully waterproof bag and it's going with me along with the red handlebar bag. 


2 comments:

  1. Good luck. May the road rise to meet you and the wind be at your back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2Wheeladventures is Sydney’s leading motorcycle rental services. Whether for a short or long term rental or self-guided tour, we provide highest quality motorbikes to suit your needs. 2Wheeladventures offers the ultimate experience for riders.

    ReplyDelete